June 13–July 7, 2011
M–Th, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Hours are flexible
All events are in Studio DM (Li 128), Gavilan College, register for DM 108
Free Guest Seminar series is open to the public.
Monday, June 13
10:00 AM: Apple!! Get the latest tips and info on the iPhone, iPad, and Macs
12:00 PM: Rick Walker founder of the International Looping Festivals, Performance/talk on Found Sounds & Video
Tuesday June 14
10:00 AM: Award winning videographer Denise Gallant of Video4creative discussing her recent post-production of the documentary, The Catalyst, and showing some of her visual effects for music videos and broadcast.
Main Digital Media open lab & project session, June 13–July 7
a learn by doing lab for students, instructors, and anyone interested. This program is ideal for teachers and business employees to learn and produce promotional material. Attendees have access to one of the mot well-equipped digital media labs in Northern California.
· Get a head start on Digital Storytelling for the classroom or web.
· Produce a video for DVD, web, YouTube, or a Podcast
- Design interactive goal-based lesson material
- Design your own website using Dreamweaver, iWeb, or Flash
- Transform your old photos into a digital scrapbook or large poster
- Unleash your music potential with digital technology; Pro Tools, GarageBand
· Tell your story with memories, words, photos, videos, and animation.
Main 4 week session (hours are flexible) is available for those who are registered for .5 unit of DM 108, Digital Media Lab. Attendees will be able to customize their learning experience and project development with access to instructors, tutors, on-line video, and suggested readings. Digital Media’s Studio DM is equipped with Pro level computers and uses software like Final Cut Pro, Motion, Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Pro Tools, GarageBand, Dreamweaver, DVD Studio Pro, iPhoto, iMovie, and Maya for 3D animation. Hi-Definition Video camcorders can be checked out by attendees.
Remember, attend any of the free guest seminars, but to participate in the main session, one must register for DM 108, Digital Media Lab. For further information: email email@example.com or see www.gavilan.edu/DigitalMedia.