With all the excitement surrounding the Gilroy Garlic Festival, don’t forget the city’s weekly event for do-it-yourself goodness, the farmers market.
Market Coordinator Catalina Ventura has been inviting new vendors and items to the market every Sunday.
What’s on the table this week?
- Black raspberry specialists Terra Boa will make their market debut (and bring plenty of the delicious treats).
- Juicy peaches and plums return this week through Frog Hollow.
- Fresh summer strawberries from Vasquez Farms.
- Hummus Heavens brings back their hummus and pita chips in a variety of flavors.
- Local honey and beeswax products available from Uvas Gold Apiary (Ventura said her kids love the honey sticks).
- Face painting and jumphouse will be there to entertain the little ones.
- Hand-crafted soaps and lotions from Heaven and Earth Body.
- Sassy clothing and accessories from Sassy Loot.
- Luxurious goats milk lotions and soaps, handcrafted and with a variety of fragrances, are available at Bell Hill.
Country music from Patty and Joe will keep toes tapping during the market. If you’ve already had your fun at the garlic festival (or maybe feel a little guilty after one-too-many stops in Gourmet Alley), why not stop by for some fresh fruits and vegetables?
Visit the market right next to the Gilroy Demonstration Garden, 7341 Monterey St. Sunday, from 10 a.m–2 p.m.