From this week through Labor Day on September 3, veterans in Gilroy can enjoy the Bay Area’s many museums without breaking the bank.
In fact, they won’t even touch the bank, because Blue Star Museums is offering veterans free admission to over 30 Bay Area museums.
Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment of the Arts, Blue Star Families, and the Department of Defense, encompassing over 1,500 museums. For a complete list of museums across California and the U.S., visit their website.
First launched in the summer of 2010, Blue Star Museums' free period for veterans began Memorial Day on Monday, May 28.
The closest participating museum near Gilroy is located in San Jose.
Participating museums include:
- The San Jose Museum of Art
- San Lorenzo Valley Museum (Boulder Creek)
- Cantor Arts Center at Stanford University
- Palo Alto Junior Museum & Zoo
- San Mateo County History Museum (Redwood City)
Those visiting San Francisco can save up to $25 per person at:
- de Young Museum
- Legion of Honor
- Museum of Craft and Design
- San Francisco Fire Department Museum
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Walt Disney Family Museum
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts